Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A True Lover

As the spotless and pure devotees return back to home back to Godhead, one after another, I can only wander hither and tither with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart.

As Raghunath Das Goswami would say: " I remain in this mortal coil to live like a madman beating my head against the rocks of Govardhan. What was once a stimulus for great transcendental happiness has now become the source of my great sadness".

I have at this very moment become short of words so let me bow my head with Love and Devotion, recite the following prayer in Honor of a true lover of Guru,Gouranga, an eternal servitor of the King and Queen of Rasa (Sri Sri Radha and Krishna).

His Divine Grace Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaj
(1913-2009)

* * * * *
Vancha-kalpatarubhyash cha
kripa-sindhubhya eva cha
patitanam pavanebhyo
vaishnavebhyo Namo Namaha
*
I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Vaishnava devotees of the Lord. They are just like desire trees and can fulfill the desires of everyone, and they are full of compassion for the fallen conditioned souls.

* * * * * * * * * * *
I will always hold dear the opportunity I once had to Serve Prasad to A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj and BV Puri Maharaj in the first prasadam hall at Mayapur. I remember Prabhupad got very excited when he heard the news that Puri Maharaj had come to visit him. Instead of sitting in his normal place on the roof of the temple or in his room, he felt that because they were god brothers they should be served equally and so decided to sit with him on the floor of the prasadam hall and relish his dear god brothers intimate association. -AJD