Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sri Bhagavan uvaca:

" I am the taste of water,
the light of the sun and the moon,
the syllable oḿ in the Vedic mantras;
the sound in ether
ability in man
original fragrance of the earth,
the heat in fire.
the life of all that lives,
the penances of all ascetics
the original seed of all existences,
the intelligence of the intelligent,
the prowess of all powerful men
strength of the strong, devoid of passion and desire.
sex life which is not contrary to religious principles
the Supersoul seated in the hearts of all living entities.

the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings.
of the Ādityas I am Viṣṇu,
of lights I am the radiant sun,
of the Maruts I am Marīci,
among the stars I am the moon.
of the Vedas I am the Sāma Veda
of the demigods I am Indra, the king of heaven
of the senses I am the mind;
in living beings I am the living force [consciousness].
of all the Rudras I am Lord Śiva,
of the Yakṣas and Rākṣasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera],
of the Vasus I am fire [Agni],
of mountains I am Meru.
of priests, know Me to be the chief, Bṛhaspati.
of generals I am Kārtikeya,
of bodies of water I am the ocean.
of the great sages I am Bhṛgu;
of vibrations I am the transcendental oḿ.of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa],
of immovable things I am the Himālayas.
of all trees I am the banyan tree
of the sages among the demigods I am Nārada.
of the Gandharvas I am Citraratha,
among perfected beings I am the sage Kapila.
of horses know Me to be Uccaiḥśravā,
of lordly elephants I am Airāvata,
among men I am the monarch.
of weapons I am the thunderbolt;
among cows I am the surabhi.
of causes for procreation I am Kandarpa, the god of love,
of serpents I am Vāsuki.
of the many-hooded Nāgas I am Ananta,
among the aquatics I am the demigod Varuṇa.
of departed ancestors I am Aryamā,
among the dispensers of law I am Yama, the lord of death.
among the Daitya demons I am the devoted Prahlāda,
among subduers I am time,
among beasts I am the lion,
among birds I am Garuḍa.
of purifiers I am the wind,
of the wielders of weapons I am Rāma,
of fishes I am the shark,
of flowing rivers I am the Ganges.
of all creations I am the beginning and the end and also the middle,
of all sciences I am the spiritual science of the self,
among logicians I am the conclusive truth.
of letters I am the letter A,
among compound words I am the dual compound.
I am also inexhaustible time,
of creators I am Brahmā.
I am all-devouring death,
I am the generating principle of all that is yet to be.
Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience.
of the hymns in the Sāma Veda I am the Bṛhat-sāma,
of poetry I am the Gāyatrī.
of months I am Mārgaśīrṣa [November-December]
of seasons I am flower-bearing spring.
I am also the gambling of cheats
of the splendid I am the splendor.
I am victory,
I am adventure,
I am the strength of the strong.
of the descendants of Vṛṣṇi I am Vāsudeva,
of the Pāṇḍavas I am Arjuna.
of the sages I am Vyāsa,
among great thinkers I am Uśanā.
Among all means of suppressing lawlessness I am punishment,
of those who seek victory I am morality.
of secret things I am silence
of the wise I am the wisdom.
I am the generating seed of all existences.
There is no being — moving or nonmoving — that can exist without Me"