Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am not sure if I am man or woman

The beginning of spiritual education is understanding that every one of us is not the material body. Unfortunately the whole world is in darkness, and therefore every embodied being is identifying with this body and thinking wrongly, “I am Indian,” “I am American,” I am Man," "I am Woman," "I am not sure if I am man or woman," " I am dog, cat, bird," “I am brahmana,” “I am this,” “I am that.” To drive away this misconception of life is actually manava-dharma. We must know for certain that we are not this body but spirit soul, and as such, we are part and parcel of God and therefore qualitatively one with God, exactly like a small particle of gold is also gold as is the gold from the big gold mine. This is very elaborately described in the Bhagavad-gita, and if we accept these principles of Bhagavad-gita as manava-dharma, then the whole world will benefit.