Thursday, April 9, 2009

Line of Sight

Realising that the mind follows the line of sight, the arrow (‘kanda’) should be shot to the target upon which the gaze is fixed. An archer who undertakes regular and hard practice never misses his target. - DhanuraVeda
* * *
Similarly, if our goal is to attain the spiritual atmosphere (Goloka) and associate with Sri Krishna we must always keep His pleasure in mind. Every minute of the day and night we should remain focused. We must continue taking good advice from our divine mentors.

Om ajnana-timirandhasya jnananjana-salakaya
caksur unmilitam yena tasmai sri-gurave namah

I was born in the darkest ignorance, and my spiritual master opened my eyes with the torch of knowledge. I offer my respectful obeisances unto him.

Always practicing the do's and don'ts (Do remember Krishna and Don't forget Krishna) we must; see the target, engage in constant practice and detachment, then realization will follow.