Friday, July 3, 2009

Gaura Kisora

O my Gaura Kisora ! when will I see you standing within the garden grove ; both of you have a golden complexion , with beautiful curling hair , both dressed like dancing performers . Becoming stunned as I watch you , thief of my mind ! When will you mercifully reveal yourself to me within Godruma as your yugala form suddenly turns into the effulgent murti of Sri Radha-Madhava ! - Bhaktivinode Thakur

* * *
Immersed in bliss, Gauranga dances madly and sometimes roars like a lion, while giving out love of God. The devotees, feeling just like men who have recovered their long-lost wealth, began worshiping the Lord with tears of happiness. As elephants jump into a lake to get relief from a forest fire, the devotees forgot their miseries by drowning in the nectar ocean of Krishna-prema. - Murari Gupta