Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An Anonymous Neophyte

What’s Your Religion?
* * *

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. I immediately ran over and said “Stop! Don’t do it!”

Q. “Why shouldn't I?” he said.
A. I said, “Well, there’s so much to live for!”

Q.“Like what?”

Q. "Are you religious or an atheist?"
A. "Religious."

Q. “Well … are you a Personalist or Impersonalist ?”
A. “Personalist.”

Q. “Me too! Are you Hindu or Muslim?”
A. “Hindu.”

Q. “Me too! Are you or Vaishnava or a Shivate?”
A. “Vaishnava.”

Q. “Me too! Are you a follower of the Laxmi Sampradaya or Madhva ?
A. “Madhva.”

Q. “Wow! Me too! Are you a Madhvaite or a Gaudiya Madhva devotee?”
A. “Gaudiya Madhva.”

Q. “Me too! Are you Raganuga Bhakta or Sadhana Bhakta?"
A. “Sadhana Bhakta."

Q. Unbelievable Me too!"Are you a follower of GURU X or X Swami ?
A.X Swami

To which I said, “Die, heretic scum!” and pushed him off.

- Submitted by an Anonymous Neophyte